Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thank You, 2013

As I sat and created a list of my intentions for the year 2014, I realized that 2013 has been one of my best years yet.  I am amazed at the growth that I have experienced in one short year.  I am following my dream of being a healer, I am more grounded and peaceful than I have ever been, and I am constantly learning more about myself.  I have learned to be assertive, to be clear.  I have learned that I always have a choice, and that choosing peace and gratitude serves me every time.  I not only survived my first year of grad school, I thrived.  I experienced the 2nd anniversary of TJ's death and felt more at ease with my grief than the year before.  I experienced our 8th wedding anniversary with more smiles and more gratitude for the time we had together.  I experienced my first few dates, which taught me so much about what I want and don't want (and provided some pretty hilarious stories, in hindsight).  I experienced my promise in being ceremony.  I experienced my needling ceremony.  I experienced treating patients, which is one of the greatest gifts of all.  So many more events have shaped the last year of my life; some big, some small.  And I know deep down in my bones that each one of those experiences have shaped who I am in this moment. 

I recently got around to watching the finale of  The Office.  Andy says something along the lines "I wish someone would tell you that you are in the good old days before you've left them".  And so I am grateful for the gift of reflection on this New Years Eve.  Before you leave, 2013, I close my eyes and pause to appreciate how beautiful you have been.  I am so grateful for my experiences; no matter "good" or "bad".  Everything in this life is my teacher.  I welcome 2014 with an open heart and await the joys, the sorrows, and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment