Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Beginning

Tonight I treated my first out-of-classroom patient.  Two actually.  It felt like second nature to hold the needles and place them with the intention of healing the women who sat in our treatment room.  Before I turned off of the street of the partnership site I sat at the stop sign, closed my eyes, and screamed at the top of my lungs "YAAAAHOOOO"!  Within seconds of my outburst, I clasped my hand over my mouth and let myself sob.  Partly because I was unable to share that moment with TJ, and mostly because I can hardly believe how far I've come in the past almost three years.  I never could have imagined that my life could be so fulfilling after TJ had died.  Let alone have such amazing things happening this soon.

I don't think I have ever been more proud of myself as I am tonight.  I have worked tirelessly to create a life that I find joy in and to create a life that impacts the lives of others in the most positive way.  Tonight marks a huge milestone in my healing.

Half way home Katy Perry's "Firework" came up on my mix.  I went from belting out the words at the top of my lungs to having them get stuck in my throat as tears poured from my eyes and down over my cheeks.  I am so grateful for this life, for this breath, for this knowledge that I work so hard to integrate into my being so that I can make a difference in the world.

I am in awe.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, and proud of you.

    ReplyDelete