Sunday, June 2, 2013

Longing For My Beloved

I crawled into bed and turned off the lights.  Such an average occurrence, yet tonight I am reminded of a time when I could crawl into bed and curl up next to my beloved; could nestle my head on his shoulder and wrap my arm across his chest.  The warmth of him was unlike anything I've ever felt.  Sometimes I'd look up at him and we would talk, and sneak kisses, in the dark.  Other times I'd lie with my ear pressed to his skin and listen to his heart beating.  I never thought I'd have to spend a single night without that blessed ritual.

There is no getting used to him being gone.  My arms, they are empty.  My ears, they hear only the sound of my own breath.  My body, warmed only by the blankets that surround me.  My longing for him breaks my heart and soul over and over again.  My love for him knows no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment